|Return to Archives|
Sarasota Public Hearing
Posted on Jan 21st, 2011
NOTICE OF A PUBLIC HEARING EVALUATION AND APPRAISAL REPORT (EAR) DRAFT MAJOR COMMUNITY ISSUES
The Sarasota County Commission will hold a public hearing to consider the draft fist of Major Community Issues to be used In the evaluation of the Comprehensive Plan, as part of the 2011 Evaluation and Appraisal Report (EAR). The public hearing will begin at 1:30 p.m., or as soon thereafter as possible, on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 at the Venice City Hall, Council Chambers, 401 W. Venice Avenue, Venice, Florida.
What Are the Draft Major Community Issues? The draft Major Community Issues were developed with input through various venues including public workshops, internet postings and emails. The draft Major Community Issues to be reviewed and considered are:
• Provide an effective multi-modal transportation system that connects local and regional destinations;
• Balance the protection and use of environmental systems to optimize access, recreation , environmental values and resource quality;
• Cultivate opportunities to expand and diversify the economic base;
• Respect and enhance neighborhood and community character;
• Incorporate methods to reduce the county's ecological footprint; and
• Coordinate the planning and development of natural, built and economic systems with regional and municipal partners. • Consider a mechanism of evaluation to ensure residential sustainability with objective data.
• Update and streamline Sarasota 2050 RMA Plan Requirements in order to make its application more practical. • Consider and specifically address the needs of the aging population that is growing.
Will residents be able to comment on the draft Major Community Issues?
Yes, all interested parties are invited to appear and be heard. The public is encouraged to speak at the public hearing or provide written comments to the Sarasota County Commission. Written comments should be sent to Planning Services, 1660 Ringling Blvd. 1st Floor, Sarasota, Florida 34236. or email email@example.com.
The draft Major Community Issues will be available one week prior to the hearing at the Sarasota County Planning Services office, the Robert L. Anderson Administration Center, Room 122, 4000 South Tamiami Trail, Venice, and on the County's website at http://www.scgov.net/PlanningandDevelopmen/CompPlan/EARNewsLetterMeetings.asp or call (941) 861 -5000.